T-shirts are one of the most popular outerwear items.
Today, with modern sewing and embroidery machines, you can personalize, monogram and add designs to t-shirts in the comfort of your own home.
Watch this video to learn how to machine embroidery a design on a t-shirt.
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
HELPFUL TIP FOR EMBROIDERING A T-SHIRT:
Organize threads so they are ready and handy to use as you stitch the design.
Self-adhesive tear-away stabilizer is recommended because it will prevent the t-shirt fabric from stretching out of shape during embroidering.
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMBROIDERING A T-SHIRT:
1. Determine direction of the design and proper placement when hooping
2. Cut stabilizer a little larger than the hoop
3. Turn t-shirt inside out and put self-adhesive tear-away stabilizer on the area that will be embroidered
4. Turn t-shirt right side out and hand press a vertical crease down center of
5. Slide the outer hoop inside the shirt
6. Decide on the placement of the design using the vertical crease as a guide and press the top hoop in place
7. Roll the back of shirt and excess fabric up and around the hoop so it is away from embroidery area
8. Attach embroidery hoop to the machine
9. Check the design placement
10. Stitch the embroidery design
11. Tear away stabilizer
12. To make the inside of the t-shirt softer where the design is located, cut a piece of fusible interfacing the shape of the design or a little larger than the design and fuse it to the inside of the t-shirt. This is especially important for children so stitching will not be rough against their skin.
The t-shirt is now finished and ready to wear.
Have fun creating machine embroidered t-shirts for family and friends. Give them as gifts!
See below for links to some supplies you may need to machine embroider a t-shirt:
Did you enjoy this project? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about
other fun projects.
Supporting Products and links are below.
You can support our site by making a purchase from the affiliate links shown below. We make a small commission on sales
through the affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. Your purchases help us to keep making more videos and projects like this one. Thank you in advance
for your purchase and your support!
See info on Affiliate links below.
Amazon has a huge selection of embroidery machine. To see the selection, click the link.
Affiliate Link to Amazon
Scissors, rotary cutters and sharpeners.
Affiliate Link to Sold at Annie's Catalog
A huge selection of sewing scissors are available at Amazon.com.
Affiliate Link to Amazon.com
Sulky Sticky Plus is a self-adhesive tear-away stabilizer on a paper backed release sheet that is ideal stabilizer for hooped, computerized machine embroidery
Affiliate Link to Amazon.com
Please be advised that some of the product and other links displayed above may be affiliate links. When you click on links to various
merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Please see our Affiliate Statement for more information.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe To our YouTube channel
because we publish New crafting videos On regularly.
Find us On:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.